Home Forums PPS Members Forum Canberra StampShow Sept

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

Here’s information on the Canberra show. I think perhaps the only national show in Australia this year? I’m not aware of any PPS activity planned (as for myself, I’ll be in Greece then) – but, if anyone would like to suggest something, please feel free to reply to this post and see what response there is.

The Philatelic Society of Canberra Inc.
      Canberra StampShow 2024
      The Philatelic Society of Canberra would like to invite you all to our National StampShow.
      12-15 September Thoroughbred Park – 1 Randwick Road Lyneham ACT
      Capital Philately.
      Venue – Located in the ground floor, enclosed auditorium, at Canberra’s Thoroughbred Park racecourse, in the northern suburb of Lyneham, the venue boasts a large floor area enabling a spacious exhibition area together with a generous dealer’s bourse. The venue is close to public transport, free onsite parking and provides disabled access.
      Show operating hours –
      Thursday 12.00 Noon – 5pm. Friday & Saturday 10.00 – 5pm. Sunday 10.00 – 3pm
      Entry Fee – Adults $5, Children under 16 years free of charge.
      What to Expect?
      • Full National Stamp Exhibition with all competition classes represented
      o 480+ frames of exhibits across all National classes
      • 37+ Dealers booths
      • Refreshments & light meals available on site.
      • ATM facilities, Frame tours of the displays
      • Special limited edition Show souvenirs & Australia Post Cancellations
      • Daily lucky door prizes
      • Public display of the late Rod Perry’s Gold Medal Exhibit, ‘Commercial Philately in Australia 1860’s to WWI’, courtesy of Richard Juzwin
      • Australia Post stand with Show specials & daily cancellations
      One of the most important aspects of stamp shows is the opportunity afforded to connect with fellow enthusiasts, experts and dealers in person.
      While most of us trade and communicate online it is the interaction and personal connections made at stamp shows that facilitate and provide leads for new material and future purchase opportunities, as well as building friendships that will last a lifetime. Internet transactions are rarely memorable. In person connections and good times are!
      Show visitors will be provided the opportunity to vote for the People’s Choice Award. This award is sponsored by Pacific Facilities Management, with the presentation of a special trophy. Your Award Entry form then gives you a chance to enter the People’s Choice Prize draw.
      Participating dealers – Brisbane Stamps, Burstamp, Ace Stamp Auctions, Philip Morehouse, Richard Juzwin Stamps, Eureka Coins Notes & collectables, Craig Chappell, Shields Stamps & Coins, VST Australia, Bexley Stamp & Coin accessories, Phillip James collectables, Abacus Auctions, Compustamp (USA), Corinphila (Switzerland), David Feldman (Switzerland), Rennicks, Phoenix auctions, AAA Stamps, Imperial Group ( Roxbury Auctions, PCGS, Australian Coin Review, Willard Allman (USA), Smiths Stamps & Collectables, Edlins of Canberra, Lighthorse Albums PN, Philas (Box lots), Pittwater Stamps, Pacific Rim Coins, David Bryon, Australian Philatelic Federation, Ensleigh Coins, Philatelic Society of Canberra (Show Souvenirs), ACT & Region Coin club.
      We look forward to seeing you at Canberra soon. Christopher Smith Show Committee Chairman

• John Graham
      Participant

I know Canberra is advertising it as the “only National stamp show in 2024”, but this is not true. Toowoomba Stamp Club is hosting the National One-Frame Exhibition on October 12-13.

See https://www.toowoomba2024.com/

We are open to holding a PPS meeting on Saturday 12 for those members and other interested parties who may be present on the day. I’ve allocated a slot at 11am, but that is flexible.

John Graham

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.