Home Forums PPS Members Forum Annual General Meeting & Sydney Stamp&Coin Expo

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

The AGM is now confirmed – to be held at the Sydney Expo (https://www.sydneystampcoinexpo2019.org.au/). You will see we are booked in for Sat (the 15th) 12:30-1:30. We would have liked more time but all meetings are limited to one hour. I’m sure we can move to another part of the show area if we want to extend.

The agenda for the AGM is to be finalised, but the preliminary program is:
      – approve minutes of last meeting
      – approve re-appointment of all office holders and approve Nick Oughton as Secretary
      – approve accounts
      – any other business

We don’t have a formal program to follow the AGM – we’re looking for a speaker (volunteers welcome) or two. It’s proposed that every member bring along FIVE FAVOURITES – 5 items that are favourites of yours, that you would share with the rest of the meeting – does NOT have to be formally written-up!

It is proposed to arrange a dinner that evening for anyone around (partners welcome).

We would like to get an idea of how many members plan to attend the meeting and how many would like to stay for dinner.

PLEASE GET BACK TO ME DIRECTLY (richard@muller.id.au) IF YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING.

For anyone looking for accommodation:I did a bit of looking at options for the show. The “official show hotel” is the Quality Hotel. I spoke with them and they offer (mention stamp show) 10% off the best listed price. As an indicative cost, they quoted $289 for 2 nights (Fri & Sat) for 2 people (king bed) – that’s with the discount.

Quality Hotel is around the airport precinct – which means you’ll need transport or taxi/uber to get to the show. A quick look through the booking sites shows a heap of other options around the airport. Prices start from the Ibis/Travelodge level on up. My impression is you can do better than the Quality Hotel.

There is a pub in Hurstville – the Hurstville Ritz Hotel – the only place that seems to be in walking distance of the show. Reviews are fairly average and price isn’t much better that airport locations.

And there are airbnb type places as well.

Did I miss anything? please let me know and I look forward to hearing if you plan on being there.

Richard

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.