Home Forums PPS Members Forum Request assistance with sample strikes of Powell P084 (Manus) 1920 – 1925

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Can any members help me to narrow down the range of dates of usage of Powell’s Manus P084 date stamp as seen in the first image? I’m preparing a potential PNG Calling article.

Between the 5DE20 and 4JL25 I have no confirmed conventional dates in the format of: daydaymonthmonthyearyear as seen in the screen grab of the Excel spreadsheet documenting examples in my collection. Please note there are 2 columns for the listing of dates and the period between conventional dates is only provisional/speculative at this stage of my research.

If anyone has some of the bizarre configurations, such as those appended below, that might fill in the gaps I’d like to see them as well. I scan stamps at 2400 dpi for clarity.

The answer to the abnormal format is evident and will form part of the article.

• Mr M
      Participant

Nice one Rod, I will check and see if I have anything that might be of help.

Cheers Robbo

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.