Home Forums PPS Members Forum PPS online meeting – May 19

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

The very first online PPS meeting is been scheduled for Tues, May 19. I’m not sure how many people may tune in but we’ll give it a try and see what happens. This will be done via Zoom – lots of info/instructions in recent posts.
      The meeting is planned for 9pm Sydney time – see how that translates with other time zones, such as:
      7AM NY
      Noon in London
      1 pm in Berlin
      9PM in Sydney

This will be a very informal gathering (I’m assuming limited numbers) – no special rules and open for any discussion. There is no prepared presentation.

My suggestion, to provide a basic format for discussion, is for everyone planning to attend, send me at least one item for display and discussion. There is no limit to what you can offer – general, detailed, stamps, postal history, literature – or maybe just a favourite item (no reason, “just because”). Please email a scan direct to me (richard@muller.id.au) by the 18th please. Format is not important (prefer pdf but jpeg is also fine) and everyone will have an opportunity to introduce their item.

Let’s make this as easy as possible. The meeting details are:

Topic: PPS Online Meeting
      Time: May 19, 2020 09:00 PM Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney

Join Zoom Meeting
      https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81413369194?pwd=Ri9FNEpvbktjZmlPaE9mNSs5Zll2UT09

Meeting ID: 814 1336 9194
      Password: 0wSiXB

Any questions or comments or suggestions, let me know. And I look forward to ‘seeing’ you all on the 19th.
      Richard

• Sid
      Participant

Following yesterdays most enjoyable first PPS Zoom meeting hosted by Richard, who did a great job, it became apparent that I am not as smart as I thought I was, and I now believe my wife when she calls me a deaf old f—t. However hopefully I will be able to rectify this.

Thankfully there were some Tech Savvy people on board, however maybe someone can help with the following:-

On our identification screens Tony was a bearded Julie, someone else displayed their prison number and I lost my surname. Is this to do with how we have registered with Zoom or is this done at the hosts end?

Lorraine at show and tell had her New Guinea huts, and apologise but I cannot recall who it was who had the N.W.P.I 4d’s. Both interesting topics, and both at one stage made reference to something on the right side of the shared screen – I was unable to  view these as they were obliterated by participants recognition screen thumbnails and I was unsure how to remove them, but allowing me to bring them back as required.

Steve did well to grab something from his PC whilst in the meeting and place it on the shared screen. If I attempted that I would still be trying to get back into the meeting, maybe someone could elaborate on this procedure.

All in all a great success, I enjoyed it – thank you ladies and gentlemen.

Sid

• Tony
      Participant

Yes Sid – I agree a  very pleasurable experience. The first time I had  been zoomed.

Richard and his wife are much to be thanked for getting this together.

Well done to everyone. looking forward to the next one.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.